Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trust. Honesty. Loyalty.

Hi, I'm Zach. I grew up as a middle child in a really close family. I am in between my two sisters, Demetria, who has long since moved out, and Tiffanie who is a Sophomore at Fremd. Despite our many differences, we are a close bunch when you group us together. Demetria is a huge inspiration to me. Her free-will attitude is one to be admired. Without her guidence, I would have been a nervous wreck.

If it doesn't look like it, on the inside, I'm an optimist. Getting my work done is usually my top priority. If it seems that there's too much work, I'll know that in the end I will get it all done. It's also my weakness. I think more of my work than of myself. Even If I am in excrutiating pain, my next thought is, "When is that paper due?" Band camp is a good example. Marching around in the sun and heat, sun-burned everywhere, my only thought is where I'm marching.

This is a year full of firsts for me: Marching band, Louge editor, and an AP class. Despite all these new experiences, I feel I'm up to the challenge. One activity that allowed me to extend my trust and friendship with is the Arlington International Airgun Club. Getting thrust into an unfamiliar environment full of people I didn't know was a little scary. But with the common interest of aiming for the perfect "ten", sharing techniques, and comparing lifestyles has changed my perspective of trust in a whole new way.

When I look at this quote, I think of the deeper meaning of what a friendship is. Sure we may not realize it, but that's what it all comes down to. This is how I can be described: trusting, honest, and loyal.

5 comments:

Mrs. Gerber said...

Very keen reflections, Zach. I'm not familiar with the Arlington International Airgun Club. What is it exactly?

Jane Danstrom said...

I like you post Zach, I definitely think about school more than I should. And we should show off to Mr Luloff some time because he never believed in us. But look where we are now!

Reagan said...

Zach we both made it to junior year! Despite a terrible 5th period class last year...but seriously optimist would be one of the first words I would use to describe you. You are also an amazing at encouraging others!

Dan Szmurlo said...

Zach, i hope your optimism and honesty help me out in Wind Symphony this year!!

Kaitlin Fanning said...

thats cool youre in marching band. I have a couple friends in there too. But yea i definitly feel your pain with the sun burned thing. Especially since i'm a lifeguard, and no matter what i do, i get sun burned