Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Important to Know Who Can Handle the Challenge

Hi, I'm Emma. Before I talk about the slogan I chose, I'm going to tell you a little bit about myself. I am sixteen years old, and my family includes my two parents and four brothers. I have an older brother, Ron, who is 18 and going off to college this weekend; I have to admit I am upset that he is leaving and that I'm only going to see him a few times throughout the year. Although I will have plenty of company at home because I have a brother who is now a freshmen, a brother who is 10 and another brother who's 7. At school I am involved in NHS, I am on the varsity golf team, and I am member of the orchesis squad. I played softball for 8 years but recently retired so I could concentrate on golf.
Everyone faces challenges in a different way. The slogan "it's important to know who can handle the challenge" applies to me because I believe I can handle challenges. Taking on challenges is my forte. I find a challenge fun; a time to show what I can do, a time to be the best I can be for myself. Everyday I face challenges; today this blog is my challenge. Doing this blog has brought forth qualitites in me that I can relate to my slogan. I know I am a 'who' who can handle challenges. During those times I stay focused, and having to overcome them provides with me goal tha I can work towards. And these goals bring out the best in me. They give me confidnece in myself as I overcome them, which then allows me to have more inner strength to take on more difficult challenges in life and to ultimately succeed. Through taking on small challenges, and great ones, I have learned patience to be able to handle the trivial things in my everyday life. Whether it be with arguements at home, trouble in school, or my busy schedule with NHS, Orchesis, and golf, my ability to be a 'who' has shown me who I am. I am a girl, a junior in high school, writing an assignment about myself for my English class. I am Emma Haduch, a fun, focused, friendly person who has faced challenges and can handle them, be whatever they be and wherever they are. "It's important to know who can handle the challenge." Well I can.




3 comments:

Mrs. Gerber said...

Good luck with your brother leaving, Emma. Or should I say "Who." :)I'm sure your little brothers will be looking to you for advice and leadership in his absence. Where's Ron going to school?

Emma H said...

Thanks! It's definately going to be different around the house now that Ron's gone. He is going to Depauw in Greencastle, Indiana.

Reagan said...

Hey Emma! After reading the first paragraph of your blog I felt that I needed to tell you that even though Ron may be at school, I doubt feeling lonely will be an issue. I have two younger sisters and like what Mrs. Gerber said, younger silings never give you a break! So since you are now the oldest in the house, best of luck! It's a lot of fun but be prepared for the unexpected!