Wednesday, August 20, 2008

There's only one way to eat an eggo, your way.

Due to my tendency to tangent and inability to blend paragraphs efficiently, I am going to describe myself in a list. Also, because I am not fond of the tacky "I have three layers, like an egg" I will stick to what I like best. Which is ice cream.

CORI LIN: SHES JUST LIKE NAPOLEON ICE CREAM.

1) Vanilla: the layer that's most common.
Hi, I'm Cori Lin. I have two sisters, one older and one younger. My parents are Japanese and Taiwanese. However, only my father is actually from Taiwan, and i don't know any language besides English, so i never have associated myself heavily with my ethnicity. I am in NHS, and i am really involved with Youth Theater and my church.

2) Chocolate: the second favorite flavor.
I really, really hate running, bananas, home work, unibrows, Hannah Montana and every other character fabricated by Disney. I really, really love photography, art, my friends, So You Think You Can Dance, peach sorbet and the new 3D glasses.

3) Strawberry: the flavor with chunks in it.
I am, and have always been a procrastinator. I tend to freak out easily but that usually fuels me to finish and perfect. School and grades are held high in my mind, but because of my friends and family, I have come to hold mental stability higher. I feel like i am exemplified in my slogan in my desire to live my life my own way, not in the way society tells me to. [ I really am not fond of the Jonas Brothers. Sorry.]

11 comments:

Mrs. Gerber said...

Your ice cream metaphor cracks me up. How are you like your slogan? What community theater have you done?

Kristine Werling said...

I really liked the form of this. Also, if you like So You Think You Can Dance you should really check out America's Best Dance Crew, because it's amazing.

Kristine Werling said...

Oh yeah I haven't seen it yet either. I don't know who won, but I hope it's Super Crew. But I have to say Fanny Pack was my favorite. Did you watch last season too? Jabbawockeez were absolutely amazing!

Jane Danstrom said...

Hey m dear! I like how you compared yourself to napoleon ice cream. However, you are not *that* short, demanding, or harboring a strong dislike of russians. I think.

And by the way, don't be insecure. You're not chunky. :)

Amber P. said...

I can't believe you don't like the Jonas Brothers?!lol jk... but for real i think its cool that you decide to live your life in your own way and not the way society tells you to =)

Mercedes Herrera said...

When's my photoshoot? Haha andd I WILL SEE YOU AT THE SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CONCERT!...maybe =)
Twitch is the one dancer we both like for once. I'm excited!

Arjun Puranik said...

This was a pretty creative organization, unique unlike others (slogan), which I think is good for English. Maybe I should start getting afraid of you for this class.

Lauren Z said...

This was brilliant! Now everytime I look at you I will be thinking of ice cream, thanks. hahah You are so creative and clearly do not follow what society tells you to, but why would you? You out society to shame. I love the Jonas Brothers!(had to get it in)

Lauren Z said...

**put

Kaitlin Fanning said...

cori lin you are such a creative person. I love how you wrote this. and im super excited because second english class together!!! yes!!!

Blaire L said...

I really liked how you compared yourself to ice cream, although now i really want to go to dairy queen.