Wednesday, August 20, 2008

There's only one way to eat an eggo waffle...your way!

Howdy folks, my name is Ashvin Ilangovan and I am your classmate for AP Lang and Comp. I live with both my parents and one little brother. I am in the Viking Logue (newspaper club), and will be on the math team and the Business Professionals of America club in the upcoming weeks. I am also a tennis player, and of course, be on the team coming spring. Also, I am a violinist and I play for the orchestra at school. It is a great experience playing an instrument with a group of people. It is like communicating in your own type of language.
Speaking of language, I was excited for starting AP language and composition this year because I will get the opportunity to experience college level criteria; I like going through challenges because that's when I learn to apply all my knowledge and actively learn. I also like the fact that it will increase my chances of me getting into a good school.
Now about that slogan. I don't like mimicking people's actions because then I won't look unique. I like creating my own style and doing my own thing. I like being myself more than being like a superstar. That's who I am!

6 comments:

Dani O. said...

So is english one of your more favored subjects? I like that you make it a point to go your own way, that's definitely going to make your writing interesting.

Ricky O. said...

Good. I'm glad there are people in my class who don't go along with everyone else.

Yena Hong said...

i love tennis. hope you win a lot of matches in spring!

Dan Szmurlo said...

I agree with you. You should use that philosophoy with your violin playing. Make your own style!

Mrs. Gerber said...

You sure are busy, Ashvin. How do you fit it all in?! Which activity is your favorite?

Ashvin said...

Hey Im just adding the follow up comments features for my email for this blog, that's all