Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pump it Up- Amber Palcheck

I'm not going to lie, the reason why i originally thought of using "Pump it up" as my slogan was because the ad looked extremely cool, and "Pump it up" seems like a really cool thing to say. But, after i got past that I realized that "Pump it up" really does describe my life.

Now, you're probably wondering how on earth the phrase "Pump it up" describes a short, 5'1 16 year old girl, but if you stick around you'll find out. So "Pump it up" and get excited, because here we go.

We'll start with the basics. I have a family of five. There's my parents, my older brother, Anthony, who is 18 and leaving for Iowa University tommorrow, and my younger brother, Nick, who is quite the character. I have a big extended family, and most of my relatives are 100% Italian. This means that our family parties are ridiculously loud and crazy(most Italians are pretty loud, and can be obnoxious). As loud and crazy as my family is, i would never choose a different one. My family is a pretty big part of my life.

Then there's the stuff that i get to choose like friends, activities, and hobbies. I love my friends and always have a good time. They always make me laugh and feel better when i'm down. Then there's my activities. I've kind of been all of the place sports-wise. I used to do hard-core gymnastics, but then i quit. After that I moved on to dance. I did Orchesis my Freshman year, and Poms as a Sophmore. This year, however, i decided i wanted to try something different and now i am on Fremd Girls Diving Team and i love it, more than any other sport i've done! So I'm pretty darn sure i'll stick with diving. Clubs-wise I'm in NHS, S.O.S., and Viking Ambassador, so i keep pretty busy. A hobby i have is listening to music. I love the Jonas Brothers, Jack Johnson, Jack's Mannequin, and the Goo Dolls. That's pretty much it when it comes to describing me!

Now that you know me a little better, i'll try and explain how "Pump it up" describes me. I'm a middle child, and as all you other middle children know, the middle child does not get very much attention because they are not the first to try something, and they are not the last to do something. Because i don't get very much attention for doing average or mediocre things, I always strive for more. I am determined, i always try to be the best, and i always try to stand out. In order to stand out in my life i had to "Pump it up" and do more. For instance: I'm not really big, and can't swim far for the life of me, but since my brother set the example of being a lifeguard in my family, I "Pumped it Up" and became a lifeguard too. So essentially "Pumping it Up" for so many years has made me who I am. If i hadn't "Pumped it up" academically i wouldn't be in honors classes. If i hadn't pumped it up sports-wise and tried out so many different sports, I wouldn't be doing what i love and diving. If i hadn't "Pumped it up" socially i would be quiet, and being talkative is a huge part of who I am. So, all i have have to say is "Pump it up", get excited, give it your all, and do your best. Because if you don't, you'll miss out on a lot.

5 comments:

Mrs. Gerber said...

Thanks, Amber. Your big italian family sounds like a lot of fun!

Reagan said...

Dear Fellow Colbert Enthusiast,
I thought it was really clever how you used the slogan and with a gymnastics background you must be awesome at diving! Every time I turn on the Olympics diving is always the event playing, and it seems like a really cool sport to be involved with!

Kaitlin Fanning said...

amber i love your family haha! and this slogan definitly suits you since your enthusiasm saves me at work haha

Lauren Z said...

I think this slogan definitely describes you! Your energy is contagious! I love it!

Donna said...

nice to see another fan of goo goo dolls and jack johnson! = )