Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Talk more, live longer-Kaitlin Fanning

Why hello there! I'm Kaitlin Fanning, and as you may know, I'm one of your new classmates this year. I guess before I explain my slogan, I should start with the basics. Well, I'm sixteen years old, and I have a twenty-two year old brother, Kevin, and a twenty year old sister, Keara. I used to play tennis at Fremd, but I'm currently involved in Student Council, Viking Ambassadors, and SOS. Maybe you even saw me over the summer at my job. I'm a lifeguard at Birchwood. Oh, and my favorite color is green. Well now that you know a tiny bit about me, I'm going to talk about my slogan now.
"Talk more, live longer." When I first read that slogan I thought to myself, Is this saying that if you talk more, you're going to live longer? Because that definitly seems a little crazy. But as I sat, thinking more about that slogan, I started to take it farther. I mean thats what were supposed to do now that were older right? Stop taking things for their superfical means, and start digging below the surface to find a deeper meaning. So, I twisted that slogan, and thought, and thought, What else could this be saying? How could this apply to me and how I live my life? Then it hit me.
For those who may know me already, I am known for talking. Not only do I talk a lot, and loudly, I talk at the fastest pace ever, so by the time I've finished cramming as many words as possible into what I call a sentence, you're standing there thinking How could that have possibly been English? So this is how my slogan applies to me. By me talking so much and to many people, who sometimes I dont even know, this helps me live not a longer life, but a more fullfilled life, which in a way could be interpreted as a longer life. Talking has helped me so much, especially in high school. Not only did I come from a small school, St. Theresa, I came after two perfect children who managed to always get A's, join all the right clubs and teams, and have tons of friends. So obviously, if I hadn't talked so much, then I would most likely still be called little fanning, or keara/kevin's little sister. So in a way my talking "abilities" saved me.

4 comments:

Mrs. Gerber said...

If you think you're the fastest talker ever, I think you're in for some competition, Miss Fanning... we'll need to have a talk-off!

Zach Duray said...

We are like reciprocals of one another. You talk a lot, and I tend to just sit there and listen.

Amber P. said...

Yes you definitley do talk a lot and ridiculously fast, but i wouldn't like you if you didn't...haha
I'm looking forward to your talk off with Mrs. Gerber lol

Lauren Z said...

I am mucho excited as well to have a class with you now! I can't wait for this talk off. Especially if Mr. Gerber beats you, because that would be a miracle. You speak sooooooo fast.