Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Safety.Fast. - Dan Szmurlo

Hello, I'm Dan. I'm a hardworking, good ol' American boy from Palatine who is obviously your new classmate. Here at Fremd, I run cross country and track, and I participate in the Fremd band program. I play the bari saxophone. Oh, which reminds me - come see The Officials at 5:15 this Friday at Palatine Streetfest!!!! I'm playing sax with the band, so it's guarraunteed to be the best concert you'll ever go to.
Anyways, you can probably guess whyI choose the slogan "Safety.Fast". I got that slogan from some car ad, but it has nothing to do with cars for me. Like I said before, I run cross country and track. I run fast. I run safely (ya know, pace wise and all). I also don't run in the middle of the road weaving through cars. So there.
But actually, there's more to that slogan then just my running. Thats kind of my slogan for when I have to do things that I don't want to do (like homework, for example). My philosophy is, if I don't want to do it, why spend more time on it then I should? Get it done as fast as possible, so I can actually do stuff I want to do. But, do a good job. That's where the safety comes in. Be smart, be safe. Just do a good job on it, so you don't have to do it again.
Well, that was my post. I have to go work on that reading and notes anyways

8 comments:

Mrs. Gerber said...

It sounds like that kind of pacing and endurance will help you survive -- and enjoy --your junior year, Dan. Good luck at Palatine StreetFest!

Kristine Werling said...

Oh, I know some of the other guys in the band and I really wanted to go see you guys perform, but I had volleyball. So how did it go?

Ashvin said...

Hey Dan, what do you like to do other than cross country and track?

Reagan said...

I liked the tone of this piece, and I definitely laughed when I read the part about weaving between cars in the road.

Dan Szmurlo said...

Streetfest was awesome! The crowd was great, and it stayed sunny and didn't rain. The only problem was we ran out of time, and we couldn't play our last song, Twist and Shout. The band did amazing!

And answering your question Ashvin, i love to play the saxophone (alto and bari) and frisbee.

Zach Duray said...

You should be fine in Wind Symphony. Despite ALL the music we get, it's really fun.

Kaitlin Fanning said...

im really glad i saw you at streetfest! you did an awesome job!

Blaire L said...

i saw your band at streetfest. you guys did really good!