Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Stop At Nothing - Donna Milner

Here's the thing, if any of you knew me as more than just a fellow classmate, you would probably be startled to see that i chose "stop at nothing" as the quote that best explained me. At 2:30 p.m. this past summer, any normal kid would have been out at the pool, or running at football practice, doing things that kids would do. However, if you walked into my house at 2:30 p.m. you would see me passed out in my bed, all the blinds closed and my door shut. This summer, I slept that late every single day, and paid a visit to Taco Bell almost every night(I'm allowed to blame more than half of those times on my sister's Nacho Bell Grande cravings). I went out with friends every night, stayed up until 4 a.m. and slept til midday. And no, this wasn't just a summer phase..my laziness has been kicking in ever since the day I had the option to take a nap rather than go for a run. So why, you ask, did I choose stop at nothing? Well, to everyone's surprise, although I could possibly be the laziest human being known to mankind, I will stop at nothing when I want something bad enough.
One thing I always have motivation for is to excel in school. While other people can brag about the winning touchdown they scored, or the main role they snagged in the school play, I can always be the one out of my friends to say I successfully achieved a 4.0 or took the extra A.P. classes. I think it's good to know that you have one great thing about you that separates you from everyone else..it helps keep me sane and somewhat self-esteemed.
So now that you know why I chose that quote, I should probably tell you a little about myself. First off, the basics. I'm 16, recently licensed, and loving/hating it. Being the only one out of my friends with a car can be a burden too, driving all the time gets tiring = /. Plus, it gets harder every day to fight the urge to go out after school every day and spend all my money on fast food and starbucks. One thing you might not know about me is I have a twin sister. I always get the reaction, "Oh, I wish I had a twin!!" I can only oblidge to this half the time. I should feel somewhat fortunate because unlike some twins, we're best friends and have all the same friends. She is my other half. It just forces us to be with each other 24/7..literally. I've never spent one day apart from her in my entire life except the first week I was born because I had to stay in the hospital for open heart surgery. She is my only sibling, and we don't have much family. It's ok though, I have many best friends to make up for it.
As for activities that I'm involved in, pick any sport, and I've done it. I've been in t-ball, basketball, softball, swimming, gymnastics, horseback riding, ice skating, dance, poms, track, etc. The thing I stuck to most was dance. I was on Fremd Poms for my freshman and sophomore year, but didn't try out for junior year because I just needed a break. I miss it sometimes but then I remember how much more free time I have, and the sadness slowly starts to fade away. I am definitely excited for my junior year, and am up for the challenge. Sorry if this was terribly boring to read, but at least remember it was an option, so basically you bored yourself. Hope to have a great year with everyone! <3

3 comments:

Mrs. Gerber said...

4am every night?! How are you getting yourself back into gear for the school year???

Joe C said...

gosh i had no idea you were up that late and slept in that late. nice. as for the motivation to do well in school, that is an impressive thing, i wish i could say i got a 4.0

Donna said...

im definitely still working on getting my sleep back on track!