Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Short and SImple

Hi I'm Abby Danekas and I am currently 16. Before I explain my slogan I'll start with the basics. I live with just my parents right now because my two older siblings, Nick and Alex, are away at school. This is upseting becasue we are a pretty close family and it is weird being the only child at home. At Fremd I am involved with Poms and Viking Ambassador.

When I first saw "Short and Simple" it jumped out at me, but then I second guessed myself that it was too lame, however the more I thought about it the more I realized how "Short and Simple" is true for me. Short. This is obvious: my size. I am proud to have remained the some height since freshman year. When talking in a social setting you will most likely find me looking up. Most people who are taller wish they were shorter and vise versa. I, however, am content with how I am. This leads to the second word in my slogan which is simple. When you think of the word simple, you might autimatically jump to the word boring, but I think otherwise. Simple just means that I am real or down to earth. For the most part, what you see in me is who I am. I am not hiding anything or striving to be anyone that I am not. I am not going to be fake with you or try to impress you. I simply want to be real and genuine towards everyone. I have found that this helps in friendships. When I am real with people they trust me and they know that this is who I really am. I am simply a happy, fun person and if you get to know me this year you will know that this is the real me.

2 comments:

Reagan said...

Abby! I'm happy to have a class with you...and that you survived Matt throwing you around at Jacksons! I completely understand how this slogan fits you, and I think its great how genuine you are and how you never get worked up about the little things!

JenniferLee said...

I liked your post! It was funny that you used the "short" part so literally. I think that honestly, you're a really admirable person. To be satisfied with oneself isn't something that happens a lot-especially in this society and with this media. I hope we can get to know each other more this year!