Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Into the Wild has proven to be the best reading material I've had from this class so far.  Krakhauer did a great job in piecing everything together and make it into a book.  And the fact that Krakhauer narrated the non-fiction piece really made this book really different from anything I've ever read.  He captures Chris McCandless's personality very well and how the character moved accross the country.  There were a couple of concepts that I really liked from the book.  One was that Krakhauer makes it seem almost as if it was in first-person.  The information was so credible that it seemed like McCandless was narrating his life story.  Another thing I liked from this book was the reference to the family.  By going to Chris's parents and sister, I understood Chris in even more depth.  I got to know who the real Chris was and it furthur proved Krakhauer's credibility.  Overall, I thought this was a very interesting and moving story.

No comments: